Thursday, April 22, 2010

Garlicy Shrimp

This is a quick little dish that is full of flavor. Start with two dozen or so large fresh shrimp (or frozen and thawed) peeled. Arrange in a baking dish so that the shrimp are flat on the surface. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of olive oil.

Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper, a couple or three twists of black pepper, and 3 or 4 cloves of minced garlic.
Cover and bake at 350 for 15 minutes
Turn shrimp over; sprinkle with a 1/2 cup of homemade breadcrumbs

 and drizzle with a 1/4 cup of melted butter
Grate a 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese over the mixture
Well maybe a little more
You know, I was just thinking about how many dishes that I had ruined by using too much cheese. I could count 'em on one hand...
If I cut all my fingers off!!! Cheese it up! Bake, uncovered 5 or 10 minutes more.
Serve with grilled or toasted French bread
Counting carbs? Eliminate the butter and breadcrumbs and substitute finely crushed pork rinds. You can laugh but I think it tastes "more better".

5 comments:

  1. Yup, more better with pork rinds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pork rinds are gross - and I think I'd take the carbs over the fat. :) Looks delish, I'll add it to my menu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pork Rinds rule! Not only do they not have any carbs they are comparatively low fat also. Full of protein but the best thing is that they are so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pork rinds are low fat? who knew? so then... what ARE pork rinds???? (just threw up a lil in my mouth)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They used to call them pork skins because that's what they are. 1/2 oz contains 5 grams of fat, no carbs and 9 grams of protein. Not bad compared to potato chips.

    ReplyDelete